Tzatziki is a sauce found in the cuisines of Mediterranean Europe and the Middle East. It is made of strained yogurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, sometimes with vinegar or lemon juice, and herbs such as dill, mint, parsley, and thyme.
- 2 lbs of Greek yogurt
- 2 cucumbers grated and drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch or two of sea salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 5 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt and grated cucumber.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until combined well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve cold.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes