A relaxing brunch is the perfect time to make sure Dad knows he is appreciated. This Father’s Day, show your dad you know how much he loves spending quality time with his family by putting together one of these perfect Bloody Mary cocktails. Elevated with delicious and filling garnishes like shrimp, briny olives, cheese cubes and crispy bacon, this drink is sure to bring a smile to any dad’s face on Father’s Day.
The best Bloody Mary cocktails are prepared by hand, one ingredient at a time. There will be no pre-made Bloody Mary mix when we’re celebrating our favorite men on Father’s Day! Check your pantry ahead of time to make sure you have all of the ingredients, as each component is so important to yield the best tasting Bloody Mary for Dad.
Go all out with the delicious garnishes! Dad certainly won’t mind having a few extra tasty snacks on his drink at brunch. To bring the heat up a notch, opt for a spicy jalapeno vodka in place of regular vodka.
Is the man in your life not a fan of veggies? Substitute out the celery and olives for something a little more “macho” by adding in a stick of beef jerky to join the bacon, cheese and shrimp. Try scallops on a skewer, clams, whatever can If dad loves veggies, feel free to add a juicy pickle wedge to the olives and celery. If your father prefers his drinks not too spicy, simply reduce the amount of tabasco, horseradish and black pepper called for in the recipe.
Whatever you do, be sure Dad knows how much you appreciate everything he has done. Today is his special day! Surprising him with this homemade Bloody Mary is sure to start his day off right.
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 slice lemon
- Ice to fill glass and cocktail shaker
- 2 oz tomato juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp horseradish
- ½ tsp tabasco
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Celery stick for garnishing
- 1 oz cheese, cubed for garnishing
- Shrimp for garnishing
- Cocktail olives for garnishing
- In an empty cocktail shaker, muddle lemon slice with vodka to bring out the flavors of the lemon.
- Fill a tall glass with ice to chill while you prepare your drink.
- Separately, add 1 cup ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Pour tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco into the cocktail shaker.
- Add in horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and shake vigorously until combined.
- Strain Bloody Mary from cocktail shaker into prepared glass.
- Garnish with celery.
If you’d like, skewer cheese cubes, shrimp and cocktail olives and place on rim of glass! Enjoy.