Strapatsada is a traditional and popular dish in many Greece regions due to the availability and low cost of its ingredients.
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic finely sliced
4 ripe tomatoes peeled and quartered
2 sweet red pepper sliced or cut into strips
3 grains of allspice
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
Salt and ground pepper to taste
8 eggs (at room temperature)
Feta cheese crumbled (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté your garlic with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red peppers, allspice, paprika, and salt, and ground pepper; stir well.
- Cook covered for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- In a bowl, whisk your eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and stir.
- Cook until eggs are done.
- Serve warm with crumbled feta cheese (optional).
Preparation Time: 20 minutes