Want to have more romance and adventure your relationship? Whether you’ve just gotten together or have been married 30 years, there’s a date on this list that you and your partner will love. And that just may help you see each other in a fresh, new light.
Check out these fun and creative date ideas!
DATE IDEAS FOR FOODIE COUPLES
- Try a New Kind of Tasting – If you usually go for wine, why not try a cheese tasting? Or a gin tasting at a distillery? Or a chocolate tasting? Or even an olive oil tasting? Or how about ice cream?
- Have a Progressive Dinner
- Play Iron Chef In Your Kitchen – The perfect way to make something tasty out of the random items in your fridge!
- Bake Something Together
- Take a Butchering Class – If you’re the hands-on, carnivorous types, a butchering class is perfect. Plus, you’ll likely go home with a nice cut of meat to cook for dinner.
DATES FOR SPORTY, OUTDOORSY COUPLES
- Go Horseback Riding
- Indoor Rock Climbing – Bonus points for belaying each other!
- Attend a College Sporting Event
- See a Drive-In Movie … or a Matinee
- Recreate Your First Date
- A Glass of Wine & Truth or Dare – The wine part is key!
- Find a Playground & Play Like Kids
- Run Around Outside in the Rain
- Fly Kites in the Park
DATE IDEAS FOR BRAINY COUPLES
- Watch an Interesting TED Talk, Then Discuss It
- Try Your Hand at GeoCaching – Grab the GeoCaching App and start searching for hidden treasures! Don’t forget to bring a few small trinkets to leave in the treasure boxes once you find them.
- Head to a Local Bar for Trivia Night
- Sit In on a Lecture at a Local University
- YouTube Search Partner Dance Lessons You Can Try at Home
- Blindfold Your Partner & Sing to Them
- After Dinner, Paint Portraits of Each Other
AND A FEW MORE DATE IDEAS, FOR GOOD MEASURE …
- Volunteer Together
- Do One Thing From Each of Your Bucket Lists in One Day
- Tour Around a Model Home
- Have a Picnic in a Weird Location – Instead of in a field, why not picnic on a rooftop, the bed of your truck or in a tent in your living room?
- Put on Your Most Formal Dress / Suit & Order Takeout to Share at Home
- Have a Good Old Fashioned Foodfight – Do it outside, for easy cleanup!
- Book a Hot Air Balloon Ride