Salmorejo is a purée consisting of tomato and bread, originating from Cordoba in Andalucia, southern Spain.
2 lb ripe tomatoes
6 slices of stale bread cut into cubes
1 clove of garlic mashed
1/2 cup of Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1 hard-boiled egg
Serrano ham cut in cubes (or Iberian)
- Rinse your tomatoes, peel, and cut into quarters.
- Place tomatoes into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the bread and garlic to the tomato and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the olive oil and stir well.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve with the boiled egg and serrano ham.
- You can refrigerate your gazpacho for one hour before serving.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes