Mediterranean Pasta with tomatoes, artichoke, garlic, and lemon. A fast, healthy pasta recipe that’s easy to make and filled with bright flavor! Keep the recipe vegetarian or serve with chicken or shrimp. A nutritious all-in-one meal.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 box of Spaghetti
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can quartered artichoke hearts
- 6 oz whole pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice of one lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain.
While the water boils and pasta cooks, prep your vegetables and remaining ingredients: mince the garlic; halve the cherry tomatoes; drain and roughly chop the artichokes; drain and slice the olives in half. Once the vegetables start cooking, the recipe goes quickly, so you want to be ready.