Octopus alla Lucìana, so-called from the famous village of Santa Lucia is a typical Neapolitan cuisine recipe.
4 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
3 to 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
2 cups of tomato pulp
1 1/2 lb octopus, cleaned
4 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
Sea salt and ground fresh pepper to taste
- Rinse octopus thoroughly under running water.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic and chili pepper with a pinch of salt for about two to three minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, stir well and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add your octopus, parsley, and little salt and pepper; reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Stir gently, cover the lid, and cook for about one hour; stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, and allow your octopus to cool down for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, and serve.
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes