This is a fantastic recipe created by Jessica from Citrus Blossom Bliss for us!
Keep reading for this mouthwatering recipe!
Sure, summer is just as long as the other 3 seasons, but there’s something about summer that makes it so very special. Maybe it’s because you can enjoy more time outside or grill fresh, healthy and delicious dishes for your family with minimal cleanup. Whatever the reason may be, summer is the perfect time to fire up the grill and cook a dish that’ll amaze the eyes and wow the tastebuds.
If you’ve been searching for the perfect healthy summer grilling recipe that is as delicious as a restaurants’, but doesn’t come with the ridiculously high price tag, you’ve come to the right place.
This garlic lemon grilled salmon is cooked to flaky perfection, bursting with the savory garlic and fresh tangy lemon flavors that blend perfectly together. Salmon is loaded with omega-3s and healthy fats, which are perfect for keeping you fuller for longer on those extended summer days.
Grilling salmon isn’t as difficult as people make it out to be. By spraying the grill with nonstick cooking spray, you reduce the chances of having your wonderful salmon stuck all over the grill grates. Using olive oil in your garlic and lemon mixture ensures there will definitely be no sticking going on.
Allow the salmon to cook for 2 minutes pink side down before attempting to turn it over to the other side. Carefully handle the fish with a grill-safe stainless steel spatula so you don’t risk the fish flaking apart. Finish cooking the fish for another 5 minutes before removing from the grill. For a show-stopping grilled salmon, position the spatula between the skin and flesh. The charred skin will remain on the grill.
Pair the salmon with a side of brown rice and grilled veggies for a balanced dinner dish that’ll have your neighbors sneakily eyeing your patio, wondering how they can make this delicious grilled salmon too. For an extra fancy finish, garnish with fresh parsley and a lemon wheel.
SERVES 2 / PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES / COOK TIME: 7 MINUTES
- 2 fresh salmon filets, or frozen and then thawed
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Liberally apply nonstick cooking spray to the grill grates where you will be grilling the salmon.
- Preheat the grill to a medium high flame according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the grill is preheating, combine lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush mixture over both sides of salmon. Reserve some of the mixture as a finishing sauce for the salmon.
- Cook for 2 minutes pink side down before attempting to turn it over to the other side. Carefully handle the fish with a grill-safe stainless steel spatula so you don’t risk the fish flaking apart.
- Finish cooking the fish for another 5 minutes before removing from the grill. For a show-stopping grilled salmon, position the spatula between the skin and flesh. The charred skin will remain on the grill.
- Apply remaining sauce on salmon and pair with your choice of starch and healthy grilled veggies.
Jessica writes over at Citrus Blossom Bliss where she shares simple recipes and healthy habits for a blissful life. When she isn’t writing, you can find her working out, sipping coffee, or playing with her miniature dachshund. I highly recommend taking a look at her amazing work!