So what is an instant pot, if you don’t already know by now? It is a multi cooker, speed cooker, slow cooker, steamer, saute pan and warmer all rolled into one !
4 pounds of beef rump roast
For the Rub:
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion flakes
2 cups of beef broth
1 cup of water
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of flour
8 soft rolls or torpedo rolls
4 tbsp softened butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Provolone cheese (optional)
Sautéed onions & peppers (optional)
- Cut the roast into 2-3 inch pieces
- Mix together the seasoning and coat your roast
- Place in your instant pot
- Whisk together the broth, Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar, pour over the roast.
- Seal and close the steam release then set on high pressure for about 35-40 minutes
- Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release
- Remove beef, slice or shed
- Mix the softened butter and the garlic powder and spread it on the rolls.
- Add slices of provolone and onions and peppers (both options) and broil until light brown
- Using the sauté button on the pot , stir till the remaining juices in the pot and add the flour to thicken once boiling, Stir to thickened and serve in a bowl for dipping.
GET MORE FRESH ARTICLES & INSPIRATION IN YOUR INBOX!