Cocido Madrileno has origins from Spain’s Sephardic Jews, mainly from the autonomous community of Madrid
13″ chunk of veal bone marrow
15″ ham bone
4 large (good quality) chorizo
7 oz ham
2 can (14 oz) of chickpeas
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely sliced
3 carrots cut into large chunks
2 potatoes sliced
Paprika to taste
Salt and ground pepper to taste
Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Cook bones, chorizo, and ham in a large pot with salted water over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and remove the excess foam.
- Cook for about 45 minutes, and after that time, add drained chickpeas, garlic, onion, and carrots.; stir.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- About 20 minutes until the end of cooking time, add the potatoes.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Serve warm with a splash of olive oil.
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes