- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain well and let cool before peeling and cutting the eggs in half lengthwise, reserving the yolks.
- In a small bowl, mash the yolks and avocado with a fork until chunky. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a small zip top bag. Seal the bag, then cut off one of the bottom tips. Pipe the yolk mixture into the wells of each egg white. Sprinkle with reserved chopped bacon and a light dusting of cayenne pepper.
Step 5 can be done earlier in the day or the the night before but do not pipe and garnish before serving or under 2 hours before serving.